Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Tea Anyone?


Well, there actually isn't any tea.... this is a Teapot Cake with a sugarpaste teacup and saucer. It is a 3-layer lemon butter cake with swiss meringue buttercream. Isn't it sweet?When I got the call for this order, I was so excited! The teapot cake was to celebrate an 80th birthday - I think that is such a thoughtful gift.


I knew that this was going to be challenging, but I'm always up for a new cake design. Then I was very lucky because one of my favourite cake blogs had just posted a tutorial on this a few weeks ago. So, that really helped. So, who wants tea?
First Birthday or was it?




This past weekend, I made this wonderfully cute birthday cake for a little boy. The mother sent me a photo of her son so I could make a sugarpaste model of him for the top. This cake was chocolate velvet on the bottom tier and vanilla butter cake on the top tier. I was so happy with this cake, loved how the little boy turned out, the colours, the train and the clothesline. I can't take credit for the clothesline design - the client had found this on another website, I just added in my own flair with the rest of the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment